Saturday, November 14, 2009

Elegance



What is elegance? Elegance comes from the French word elegans, which is related to "eligere" which means to choose or to select. We get another English word from this- "elect".

As I pondered this notion of elegance, I think of the wife of noble character in Proverbs 31. It is with purposeful intent and choosing to do what is right before God (vs 30..."but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised") that makes her surpass all others. Elegance is a word that is almost passe in this century, but it struck me today that I have been chosen to reflect the wondrous elegance of our Creator God, in dress, in speech, in posture, in thought, in deed and in my relationships.

The most elegant woman today is a woman of incredible force and godly influence.

No comments: