|Some people like this brand of Koda Farms sweet rice flour.|
- 1 lb. bag of glutinous rice flour (Erawan Brand look for the green bag or Koda flour) approx. 480gm
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (or 5 flat pieces of cane sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. oil (I used grapeseed)
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 glass container to steam in (lightly sprayed with olive oil so it won't stick or else use banana leaves to line the container for easy removal.
- Boil the water and brown sugar until fully mixed. Let it cool to room temperature. Add the glutinous rice flour and oil. Blend the mixtures until it is completely incorporated.
- Steam the batter for 50 minutes on medium high.
- Let it cool before refrigerating it.
- Slice the cakes, coat with egg and lightly pan fry on medium-low heat for about 3 min. on each side or until it's soft and gooey.
|After it's steamed, it looked like this.|
|Overnight it's hardened enough to be sliced into morsels to be dipped in egg.|
|Pan-fry them on medium heat till they are a gooey delicious shade of golden brown.|