Monday, May 24, 2010

Successful 曼頭 and Peanut butter cookies



So I'm not a fan of anything that needs rising. First of all, it takes too long and second- I hate to make a small batch. Still, the need to steam some bao was beyond the casual itch, so bao-dom, there I went. I ended up making twelve. It turned out beautiful and I was kickin' myself for not stuffing it with char siew like the recipe asked for. Instead, it could be a good staple to stick in some curried stew I was planning this week.



This was a recipe my ex-colleague Arlene shared with me years ago when I worked at the EFCCM office. Simplest pea-brainer PB cookie recipe.

1 cup of sugar
1 cup of peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1 egg

Mix them up and roll them up in balls. I added kashi on some, pressed an almond in others and baked the rest virgin. Proof they were good? I ate 3.

No comments: